When I was younger, my grandfather told me I should always take twenty percent of my income and invest it. Several years later and facing a pandemic now, I wish I would have listened. I’ve focused my time, effort, and action on helping people change their mindsets. I don’t want people to make the same mistakes that I did.
The first step to achieving your goals and being the best version of yourself starts with your mindset. How you view yourself and the vision you have for your future is important. If the pandemic has taught us anything, it is that we need a backup plan. We have to be prepared for the downfalls of the economy. We need to invest in ourselves and teach our children the importance of investing.
Let me be completely honest with you. I am not a financial guru or professional blogger with years of experience under my belt. In fact, I am just an optimistic and creative woman that loves to find solutions.
I will provide you with information based on what I am currently using or my past experiences. My integrity is more important than finding random links for you to click on, just to benefit myself. It is more effective to add value to others with the best intentions.
Free Stock Opportunities
I’ve listed four companies that offer investment opportunities to receive free stocks. These are the companies that I personally use. What I love about these companies is the ability to get free stocks just for signing up.
When you sign up with the first two companies, they will offer you five dollars or free stock. Webull will require you to add $100 to your brokerage account. After around 15 days, they will add a free stock to your account. The fourth company will give you $20 worth of stock just for adding as little as a penny to your account. Now I don’t know about you, but that sounds like a plan to me. Feel free to check them out and make sure you do your own research.
- Acorn: This company will give you a $5 investment just for signing up. This is the perfect way for you to get your children started with financial wellness.
- Robinhood: You will receive one free stock worth up to $500 when you sign up with this company.
- Webull: Once you deposit $100 into your brokerage account, you will receive free stock after 15 days. If you have another brokerage you are trading with, they will reimburse your transfer fees, up to $100.
- Stash: You will receive $20 of bonus stock just for adding as little as a penny to your account with this company. That’s definitely a winner for me!
If you have not learned anything from the Coronavirus Pandemic, I want you to learn this… It is important that you take ownership of your life and invest in your future. How many people have left business owners in charge of their financial future, only to end up in the unemployment line because the company they worked for was not considered an essential business? How many people spent money funded by the government that was intended to help you pay bills and feed your family on thousand dollar purses, or other useless material items? What happened when that money ran out? In what way did those materials feed your family, or help you pay bills?
Think of the Pandemic as an Opportunity
I challenge you to think of the pandemic as an opportunity for you to take ownership of your life and invest in your future. This is an excellent time for you to become an entrepreneur. If you currently own a business and you were not prepared for the pandemic because you don’t have any virtual practices in place, now is the time to make those adjustments. Some of you may want to start a business, but you are not quite sure how to do it, nor the niche your business should be in. Allow me to help make that process simple. All of us have a purpose and the sooner you figure out what your purpose is, the quicker you will be to achieving your financial goals.
How to Figure Out Your Purpose?
Figuring out your purpose is not as complicated as people make it out to be. In fact, let me tell you how I figured out my purpose. I found a sheet of paper and decided to write down all of the things I enjoy doing everyday. I also wrote down things that people come to me for that I do effortlessly. Here is the list I came up with:
- Create Designs
- Give Sound Advice
- Promote Positivity
- Energy Healing with Crystals & Candles
- Teach Positive Ways to Communicate
- Make people laugh
This is the first step in determining what your purpose is. The next step is to look at your list and write down problems that can be solved by these things you enjoy doing everyday. I’ll continue to use my list as an example:
- Writing can help inspire musicians to create great music. It can help businesses with content creation for their websites. Writing can help inspire, motivate, and give knowledge to people in the form of poetry, quotes, greeting cards, books, etc…
- Creating designs can help businesses that need designs for their websites, business cards, branding, or other corporate and creative needs. Authors need book cover art, artists need album cover art, businesses and individuals need creative designs and ideas for their social media accounts.
- Singing helps to soothe the soul. I strongly believe that music has a way of breaking down emotional barriers. Singing can be therapeutic and may help people with high anxiety. I’ve sung to a lot of crying babies to help calm them down, I’ve touched a lot of hearts through song. This is why I feel it can be therapeutic.
- In a world full of so much pain, self-destruction, envy, depression, etc…, people need mentors, coaches, teachers, and guidance. People need more positive influences in their lives. Items 4-9 on my list all fall into the category of healing, teaching, and mentoring.
Once you create your list and determine what problems the items on your list can resolve, you are then ready for the next step, which is to find people that have problems on your list and actively serve your purpose to resolve them. This is how you build your target audience. Do not serve based on monetary value. Serve because it is your purpose. By fulfilling your purpose, the money will come because more and more people will recognize the solutions you have for their problems. If you build a foundation based on money, your business will fail. Instead, focus on building a foundation that solves problems effortlessly because you are also fulfilling your purpose. That list of things that you do every day without complaint is your purpose.